- Welcome to MVEA
Welcome to MVEA
RESULTS OF ELECTION/REPORT TO THE MEMBERS
Your Association’s Annual Delegate Election was held on October 21, 2021. The Election of Delegates was completed. Ten (10) Delegates were elected to serve a one (1) year term starting January 1, 2022.
NAMES OF CANDIDATES NUMBER OF VOTES CAST
Peggy Russo (Increment 1) 21
Dwayne Ihde (Increment 1) 31
Nicole Bliss (Increment 2) 27
Shannon McClure (Increment 2) 17
Deborah Currie (Increment 3) 4
Frank Fossati (Increment 4) 13
Leslie Danielson (Increment 5a) 19
Connie Beardsley (Increment 5a) 68
Susan Downing (Increment 5b) 32
Marie Whitehouse (Increment 6) 27
Robert Rodriguez (Increment 6) 15
Donna Bourassa (Increment 7) 34
Joseph M. Tully III (Increment 7) 46
Robert Horn (Increment 8) 53
Karen Chastain (Increment 8) 29
Richard Florence (Increment 10) 4
WRITE IN CANDIDATE(S) NUMBER OF VOTES CAST
The following Delegates were elected to fulfill the following term requirements in the year 2022:
NAMES OF DELEGATES ELECTED TERM
Dwayne Ihde (Increment 1) 1
Nicole Bliss (Increment 2) 1
Deborah Currie (Increment 3) 1
Frank Fossati (Increment 4) 1
Connie Beardsley (Increment 5a) 1
Susan Downing (Increment 5b) 1
Marie Whitehouse (Increment 6) 1
Joseph M. Tully III (Increment 7) 1
Robert Horn (Increment 8) 1
Richard Florence (Increment 10) 1
Board of Directors
Mission Viejo Environmental Association
On October 19, 2021, Governor Newsom issued a State of Emergency proclamation effectively expanding the drought emergency statewide. The proclamation follows the Governor’s July 2021 executive order, which called upon California residents to reduce water use by 15 percent.
The emergency proclamation enables the State Water Resources Control Board to ban wasteful water practices, including the use of potable water for washing sidewalks and driveways. Among the uses deemed wasteful are:
- The use of potable water for washing sidewalks, driveways, buildings, structures, patios, parking lots, or other hard surfaced areas, except in cases where health and safety are at risk.
- The use of potable water that results in flooding or runoff in gutters or streets.
- The use of potable water, except with the use of a positive shut-off nozzle, for the individual private washing of motor vehicles.
- The use of water to irrigate turf and ornamental landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall of at least one-fourth of one inch of rain.
- The use of potable water for irrigation of ornamental turf on public street medians.
- The use of potable water for street cleaning or construction purposes, unless no other source of water or other method can be used or if necessary, to protect the health and safety of the public.
- The use of potable water for decorative fountains or the filling or topping off of decorative lakes or ponds, with exceptions for those decorative fountains, lakes, or ponds that utilize recycled water.
The governing documents provide that Delegates are elected annually by the members of the increment, and the Delegate shall exercise the voting power of all members in the Tract. The Delegate will cast the increment’s votes and elect the Board of Directors at a Meeting of Delegates in January.
The Proxy/Ballots will be counted and tallied by the Inspector of Elections; and the results of the election will be announced at the Board of Directors meeting held on Thursday, October 21, 2021. Please mail your ballot back to Action Property Management in the envelope provided. The Inspector of Election will call the meeting to order at 6:00pm.
Your voting choices include only one of the following:
- Vote for the Candidate or Write-In Candidate,
- Designate your vote for Quorum Purposes Only,
- Designate your vote to the Board of Directors to cast as they deem appropriate,
- Designate a specific individual to cast your vote.
Please cast a vote so that quorum requirements can be achieved for your Increment. At least 10% of the Membership of the Increment must cast votes to meet the quorum requirement. If an Increment does not achieve quorum the Association will incur the costs of a second mailing.
Please mail your Proxy/Ballot in time for it to be received no later than October 20, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
Starting August 23, 2021, the monthly Board Meetings will only be held in person at the Norman P. Murray Center. Meetings will nob longer be held over Zoom. All members are encouraged to attend the General Session Board Meetings held once a month starting at 7:00pm. If you haven’t received the COVID-19 vaccination and plan on attending the board meeting for your safety and the safety of others we strongly recommend you wear a mask.